FRIDAY + SATURDAY 1 - 11 PM;
SUNDAY 12 - 10 PM
Built as a grand country estate in the mid 1760’s, Mount Pleasant Mansion is located on a hilltop overlooking the Schuylkill River. With symmetrical outbuildings, classical details, unusual brick quoins, and intricate interior woodwork, Mount Pleasant made a bold architectural statement in the years leading up to the American Revolution. Prior to its restoration by the Philadelphia Museum of Art in 1926, Mount Pleasant served various public purposes, functioning once a beer garden and later as a dairy farm providing milk and ice cream to local residents. The breath-taking beauty of the house's interiors and vistas, the elegance of the lifestyle of colonial elites, and the curiosities of Captain Macpherson's life are all on display at Mount Pleasant. The house is currently closed for maintenance and is opening up especially for Parks on Tap weekend.
- 9/16 - 9/18 Use the Boxers' Trail to from the Art Museum to the Mount Pleasant Mansion, take a selfie with our secret object and show your photo to the host for a free first drink!
- 9/16 - 9/18 Take a Peek Tours 2 to 7 pm (every hour on the hour) | Come inside the mansion to see why Mount Pleasant is a colonial architectural masterpiece -- and this is an exclusive opportunity to catch one of these tours while the mansion is open to the public for a special moment!
- 9/16 - 9/18 Beer History Chats 2:30 to 7:30 pm (every hour on the half hour) | Hear about the very important role Fairmount Park plays in the history of beer-making in America. Yes, you can bring your beverage inside the house for the chat!
- 9/16 - 9/18 Lawn Games New and Old 2 to 8 pm | Play badminton, baggo or the colonial hoop-tossing game, graces, on the back lawn.
- 9/16 - 9/17 Silk-Screen Printing 4 to 8 pm | Artist Hope Rovelto of Little Chair Printing bikes her mobile press to the park for your enjoyment - watch her print silk-screened coasters and feel free to take one with you.
- 9/16 Philadelphia Museum of Art Mount Pleasant Mansion Happy Hour Fundraiser 5 to 7 pm | 50% of proceeds go directly back to Mount Pleasant Mansion!
- 9/16 Indego Bike Share 5 to 9 pm | Indego will be providing unlimited bike parking at a virtual pop-up station right near Mount Pleasant Mansion
- 9/16 Clay Studio 2 to 5 pm | Try your hand at throwing clay! Artists from The Clay Studio artists will assist you at the wheel to help you get the feel for the potter’s art.
- 9/17 Boxers' Trail Sprint 4 pm | Celebrate a newly-restored path behind Mount Pleasant with a sprint (or casual walk) to the Boxers Trail through the woods.
- 9/17 Rock 'n' Roll Philadelphia 5K | Race through Fairmount Park right near Parks on Tap
- 9/17 Maha Yoga at Parks on Tap 12 to 1 pm | Pay What You Can and picnic at the park post-savasana!
- 9/17 Philly Homebrew Outlet 4:30 to 7:30 | Redefining Homebrew, Philly Homebrew Outlet specializes in beer, wine, cheese and more home DIY making equipment and ingredients as well as home and professional bar equipment. End your beer chat at their Pop Up and get started on the next local craft brewery in your basement!
- 9/17 Indego Bike Share 5 to 9 pm | Indego will be providing unlimited bike parking at a virtual pop-up station right near Mount Pleasant Mansion
- 9/18 Rock 'n' Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon | Race through Fairmount Park right near Parks on Tap
Indego will be providing unlimited bike parking during select times of Parks on Tap at a virtual pop-up station right near Mount Pleasant Mansion - click here for a schedule and details!
Accessible via SEPTA bus route 3 located at Reservoir Dr. and Smith Day Nursery Dr.